Mary Robinette Kowal gave me an idea for a quick review of my blog for the past year. The idea is to take the first sentence of the first post of each month. So here goes:
- This article from MSNBC.com shows how quickly a jerk can rally opposition these days.
- Several years ago our family became vegetarian, then vegan.
- I’ve mentioned previous the podcast series I listen to about writing.
- The Harry Potter series will soon be available as e-books.
- This book was a gift from my father-in-law while he was visiting with us, and a welcome addition to my library.
- We could learn a few things from dogs.
- An enormous fire in Colorado burns over 300 homes.
- The other day I went to update my word-count tally and realized I hadn’t updated it in two weeks.
- I’ve mentioned before that my daughter was involved with our city’s soccer program last spring.
- It’s that time of year when we start looking to carve pumpkins and make pumpkin pie.
- Feel free to skip this one.
- The author of Eat, Pray, Love speaks at TED about creativity and the tortured artist.
I especially like November’s. This seems an unusually good sampling of my posts. Too bad I don’t have a “Randomizer” you can click to pick a post at random. That could be rather cool.
If you’ve been a faithful reader over the past year…my sympathies. And if you plan to be a faithful reader over the year to come…sorry! I probably won’t be getting any better or more interesting, though I’m in the process of rethinking my approach here. We’ll see. I’m in the process for rethinking a lot of things right now. Not that last year was bad. I just see a need to do things differently. More on that some other day. Maybe.